
"There was a hippopotamus
who hiccupped quite-a-lotamus.
And every time he got'emus...
he'd fall upon his bottomus!"
-Aaron Zenz
Dear Spencer,
Good morning little one! It's 6:15 a.m. on this beautiful Wednesday morning and I've just been introduced to an all new wonder of pregnancy...the baby hiccups! What an odd coincidence, as I just spent 20 minutes yesterday researching this topic and wondering how I would be able to tell when this strange phenomenon happened. Well, my questions have been answered, because this morning I undoubtedly felt you have the hiccups for about 10 minutes straight.
(I feel kind of bad admitting this, but I loved every minute of it.)
While my sweet little baby was being utterly annoyed by one of nature's most pesky bodily functions, I was marveling at the wonder of watching my belly go up and down in a perfectly rhythmic motion. It was simply amazing. For 10 solid minutes I was able to completely connect with you from the outside - all the while feeling helpless because I couldn't do anything to comfort you.
Yes, I do feel guilty for enjoying this moment that I am sure was less than comfortable for you. However, I'm sure you'll have many opportunities to pay me back in the future.
Amazed by you,
(I feel kind of bad admitting this, but I loved every minute of it.)
While my sweet little baby was being utterly annoyed by one of nature's most pesky bodily functions, I was marveling at the wonder of watching my belly go up and down in a perfectly rhythmic motion. It was simply amazing. For 10 solid minutes I was able to completely connect with you from the outside - all the while feeling helpless because I couldn't do anything to comfort you.
Yes, I do feel guilty for enjoying this moment that I am sure was less than comfortable for you. However, I'm sure you'll have many opportunities to pay me back in the future.
Amazed by you,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment