
I've been slacking on my writing lately and I apologize. Work has been awfully hectic and with these 95+ degree days we've been having, I've felt pretty run down.
Wouldn't you know that your father and I would choose to conceive you in a record breaking heatwave of a summer? And wouldn't you know that every single person I encounter is quick to point that out? "Boy, couldn't you of planned this better?", they say. "God bless you, I bet you're burning up.", they continue.
It's funny how people seem to forget conversational etiquette when speaking to pregnant women, never failing to state the obvious. Long gone are the days of "How 'bout those Braves?" or "Have you seen that new scary movie?" Nope, my daily encounters are now filled with "Are you sure there's only one baby in there?", "Look at how big you've gotten!" and my personal favorite "Your boobs are gigantic!"
It's crazy, in no other instance is it socially acceptable for a person to call another person fat, yet when you've got a baby cooking inside you, it's open season on insults. This baffles me.
Let me just go on the record and say it is never acceptable to imply that a woman is fat. Especially not when she's doubled in size in a matter of months. We have mirrors. We are aware. Heed this advice and thank me later.
Wouldn't you know that your father and I would choose to conceive you in a record breaking heatwave of a summer? And wouldn't you know that every single person I encounter is quick to point that out? "Boy, couldn't you of planned this better?", they say. "God bless you, I bet you're burning up.", they continue.
It's funny how people seem to forget conversational etiquette when speaking to pregnant women, never failing to state the obvious. Long gone are the days of "How 'bout those Braves?" or "Have you seen that new scary movie?" Nope, my daily encounters are now filled with "Are you sure there's only one baby in there?", "Look at how big you've gotten!" and my personal favorite "Your boobs are gigantic!"
It's crazy, in no other instance is it socially acceptable for a person to call another person fat, yet when you've got a baby cooking inside you, it's open season on insults. This baffles me.
Let me just go on the record and say it is never acceptable to imply that a woman is fat. Especially not when she's doubled in size in a matter of months. We have mirrors. We are aware. Heed this advice and thank me later.
All that babbling aside, I've been feeling fantastic and I passed my glucose test, which means I do not have to give up sweets! I get to meet you less than 15 weeks and that has me on cloud nine. Nothing can bring me down, not even this heat or the extra 40 pounds I'm carrying. I am rocking this pregnancy like nobody's business.
Big love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment