Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Growing Pains



Dear Spencer,

Here's a short update about your progress:

Your baby weighs nearly 5.5 pounds and will continue to gain about half a pound per week until you deliver. He stretches out to 18.5 inches and stem cells
in the bone marrow continue to produce red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets to maintain a healthy immune system, but there is not really any development remaining for arms, legs, brain or organs. Your baby will simply continue to add that adorable baby fat as he readies for his big debut!

Last night I was able to get some much needed rest, thanks to Daddy and the egg crate he added to my side of the bed.
I was also able to pop my hip when I got into bed and that provided my pelvis with some serious relief. I only got up three times to use the restroom (yes, that's good) and I was able to sleep until about 5:45am. Not bad at all.

Now I'm going to be a major Debbie Downer and come out and say it...suddenly this journey has taken a turn for the painful - the
extremely painful.

Each step I take sends an electrifying shock through my pelvis, leaving me feeling like the patient in a very poorly played game of Operation. You should see how pitiful
(or hilarious depending on who you ask) I look. I don't know how in the world Daddy even keeps a straight face watching me roll in and out of the bed, or seeing me waddle back and forth to the restroom 20 times a day.

It is my hope that these pains mean my body is preparing itself for delivering you safely into this world. I'm doing my best to maintain a positive outlook, which definitely helps me get through these harder days. In the end I know that every single ache (or excruciating stab I should say) is going to be completely worth it.

It's the final countdown, and we're 5 weeks away from the ultimate prize.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment