
Dear Spencer,
I present to you, your official "coming home" outfit!
I was so excited to pick up this little gem, along with a few other items this week. There is just something so surreal about seeing your little monogram or name spelled out. It makes me realize that we are one step closer to having a real outside baby very soon!
I was so excited to pick up this little gem, along with a few other items this week. There is just something so surreal about seeing your little monogram or name spelled out. It makes me realize that we are one step closer to having a real outside baby very soon!
I feel like I have waited for this time my entire life, and I have.
Being a mother and a wife has always been my life's dream. In fact, I was so confident I would be a stay-at-home-mom that I didn't even take the SAT in high school (true story). I figured there was no point since I would be far too busy with mommy play groups and taking care of my husband and 4+ children to ever work.
Being a mother and a wife has always been my life's dream. In fact, I was so confident I would be a stay-at-home-mom that I didn't even take the SAT in high school (true story). I figured there was no point since I would be far too busy with mommy play groups and taking care of my husband and 4+ children to ever work.
Of course, it only took me one year past graduation to realize I was completely wrong about life's plan for me. So I sucked it up, took the SAT, went to college, became a career woman and left my ultimate dream in the shadows.
It took me nearly nine years post high school to find your daddy. We met in January of 2007, when I was the ripe old age of 26. I knew almost instantly that he was the one that would make me happy for the rest of my life. He was handsome, charming, funny and the ultimate gentleman...but most importantly, he was a family man and wonderful with children. After watching him with Talley and later, Molly, I knew undoubtedly he was the man for me.
So here we are. It's 2010 and my life plan is finally working out. No, I'm not going to be a stay-at-home-mom, and I doubt I'll have a full calendar of mommy playdates booked anytime soon, but that's okay. I have your daddy and sweet little you on the way - and that's all I need.
Dreams do come true.
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment