

Normally I wouldn't choose a photo like this,
but I am so amazed at how large you look now!
but I am so amazed at how large you look now!
Dear Spencer,
What a busy week it has been! I guess my body is starting to prepare for your arrival, because I have been on top of it! I haven't felt this organized and together since I first got the positive sign on the pregnancy test! In the past week I have chosen a new babysitter, lowered our car insurance bill, gotten a tremendous amount of work done at the office, remembered to take Napoleon to the doggy beauty shop and I even (somewhat) cleaned out my car!
Next step: washing all of your sweet baby clothes and packing my bags for the hospital!
Good thing I still have a little more time to prepare and get those last little items taken care of. After all, you're only 32 gestational weeks old and we're counting on you to give us at least 6 more weeks! Here's what the experts have to say about wonderful little you:
By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, he'll gain a third to half of his birth weight during the next 7 weeks as he fattens up for survival outside the womb. Ready or not, baby's getting ready to emerge. He's probably in the head-down position by now, with his bottom facing up. This is the comfiest way for his body to fit in your increasingly cramped womb and will make his eventual exit much easier. (If he's still head-up, don't panic -- there's still time for a flip before birth.)
How exciting, you almost weigh as much as Napoleon!
Love, love, love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment