Friday, August 27, 2010

And now, Deep Thoughts



Dear Spencer,

Yesterday I had my routine appointment with Dr. B. We did the usual - weight check, t-t in cup, listen to heartbeat, etc., etc. Everything looks great. I've reached an unimaginable density level (yes, that is easier for me to say than weight), your heartbeat is beautiful as ever and doc says you're head down and ready to go (in due time of course). Awesome.

As I was driving back to work, my mind started drifting off and all these random questions started popping in and out. Questions like:

- How do you know you need to be head down?
- How do you know to move toward the light at 40 weeks?
- How do you know it's been 40 weeks?
- Do you have a tiny baby calendar in there?
- If so, are you marking off the days like I am?

Of course, I'm sure there are perfectly reasonable scientific explanations for all of these questions...but what fun is that? Instead, I prefer to imagine you as this tiny little bifocal-sporting-baby-genius marking off the days on the walls of your cave.

And then I giggle.

Love,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment