Sunday, December 5, 2010

Santa introductions, part deux





Dear Spencer,




As you know, I am a major fan of Christmas. Thanksgiving belongs to your Daddy. Christmas, it's all mine. {insert creepy menacing laugh here} I mean what's not to love? Parades with lighted tractors. Cheesy holiday music. Fat men in red suits. Plastic lawn ornaments. Tacky sweaters. An excuse to eat 20 meatballs in one sitting. Even Andy Williams thinks it's the most wonderful time of the year.

Yup, Jesus knows how to throw one heck of a birthday party. Can I get an Amen?

Seriously though. This time of year makes me feel like a kid all over again. Lucky for me I actually have a kid this year, so Christmas just got a lot cooler. The outpouring of yuletide traditions so far has been abundant. It's only December 5th and already we could rewrite the 12 Days of Christmas to recap all of your holiday happenings. Thus far your remake of the classic would include 5 Christmas Vacation showings, 4 silly hats, 3 shopping trips, 2 times with Santa, and a cute cooking-making party.


Phew. That's a mouthful.



Since I am really at a loss for words (imagine that) I present a photographic recap of the holiday season thus far to appease the visual learner in us all...



Christmas Parade 2010: Mommy helped work on this float which won first place. We received a trophy and a year's worth of bragging rights. Killer.





Meeting with Santa, Part Deux / silly hat / Cookie Making Party combo:







More holiday traditions (and silly hats) to come!

Love,
Mommy


2 comments:

  1. He is asleep in Santa's lap!!! This warms my heart! Love the hats...keep them coming!

    P.S. Guess who came in the mail today? Hint : wokka, wokka! (Ssssh! Don't tell Violet!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I hope V likes him more than Spencer does!

    ReplyDelete