Dear Spencer,
Today you're 2 months, 2 weeks, and 2 days old. It's the small milestones, right?
A lot has been going on lately, so I will do a short recap of all your ah-mazing life happenings. First off, we went to your 2-month well-baby check-up on November 18. You weighed 10 pounds, 15 ounces.
Awesome, right?
Wrong.
I was rather impressed with your 2 & 3/4 pound weight gain in two months (7.4 to 10.15), but then again, I am your mother and simply watching you pass gas impresses me. Sadly, Dr. H wasn't nearly as dazzled by your progress as I was. She informed me that you have dropped from the 50th percentile in weight to the 25th and we need to fatten you up.
Great. Just what I need...another skinny man in my life that can consume copious amounts of food without gaining a single pound. *cough*yourdaddy*cough*
I'm kidding. Sorta.
Anyway, the rest of the check-up was pretty standard. She took your measurements (you're in the 50th-75th percentile in height), asked a series of questions, handed us some paperwork and we hit the door. Oh yeah, and there was some sticking and poking in between that I chose to ignore, we won't discuss that. All in all it was a good visit and you received a clean bill of health. I'm trying not to over-obsess about the weight gain, but you know I'm not very good with managing my worries. So it goes without saying that I've been counting bottles, calculating ounces and discussing the matter with anyone who will listen.
Hey, at least I am completely self-aware. That's gotta count for something.
Ah, let's see. What other news shall I share? Well, we did celebrate this tiny little American holiday called Thanksgiving last week. As you are well aware, Thanksgiving is Daddy's favorite holiday. He could eat an entire turkey by himself. Throw some gravy on top of that turkey and well, he's died and gone to Heaven. Thankfully the turkey was abundant this year (we had two) and Daddy got his fill...unlike say, Thanksgiving 2007 when Uncle B may have had a small meltdown in the kitchen and the turkey ended up in a trash-can grave of which your Daddy silently wept over.
Yes, this Thanksgiving was much better than any of its predecessors, mostly because you were here to enjoy it with us. You wore your tiny turkey t-shirt with "Spencer" on it and your first pair of jeans. I hadn't really planned to put you in jeans until you were much older, but that was before I realized how stinkin' cute you would look in a pair. Whatever. You'd look precious rocking nothing but a diaper and a smile.
After Thanksgiving, we went to Fantasy in Lights at Callaway Gardens. Well, actually we just went to the tent to meet Santa and the beach to see the Nativity. You, Molly, and Talley all sat on Santa's lap and told him what you wanted for Christmas, which consisted of the following dialogue:
Santa: Ho, Ho, Ho, what do you want for Christmas?
Talley: Uh, I don't know.
Molly: I want a Barbie Jeep and a ride in your sleigh!
You: Blank stares, total silence.
Talley: Uh, I don't know.
Molly: I want a Barbie Jeep and a ride in your sleigh!
You: Blank stares, total silence.
Who would've thought, the one child who typically runs, screams, hides and creates an all-out scene at the sight of anyone in costume would've been the only one to handle this situation properly? I really thought Talley would have been a little more prepared at 10 years old and you, well I guess you did exactly what I imagined you would do.
Thankfully we were able to get some totally adorable photos of the three of you so that in itself made the visit with Santa a success!
So anyway, Thanksgiving was awesome. Meeting Santa was awesome. You're awesome and more awesomeness is to come, like say, tonight when we take you to your very first Christmas parade! We better bundle up, cause Baby it's cold outside.
Love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment