Wednesday, November 16, 2011

14 months old!

Dear Spencer,

Dude, how in the world are you already 14 months old?

I swear it was only two weeks ago that you were pitching an all-out-fit when we presented you with your birthday cake, but I suppose that was actually two months ago. Time seriously needs to slow down, my heart can't take watching you grow up this fast.



Here are a few of your newest and most awesomest doings:

- You're walking all over the place. You took your first official steps two days before your birthday, but it has taken you up until the last week to really get going. Now you're wobbling from one end of the house to the other. It's pretty terrific.

- Official tooth count is six (4 on top, 2 on bottom) but currently you're cutting at least four new teeth, two of which are molars. So right now life is a little tough on you, but if you ask me, I think you're handling it remarkably well.



- You say the following words with intent: mama, dada, duck, bye-bye, hey, yeah, no and uh-oh. You're like a parrot who randomly repeats everything we say, but I don't really count it as s "real word" until you say it with intent.

- You wave and say "bye-bye" -- usually after the person is gone - but hey, we're working on it.

- You have mastered a perfect "evil laugh". We can say "Spencer, do your evil laugh" and you'll cock your head back and laugh like "mwahahaa". Like everything else you do, it's pretty awesome.



- You give a mean high-five and aren't scared to point a finger at anyone, anytime. 


- You've inherited your parents ultra love for music and you dance all the time. And might I add, you have some pretty sweet moves? Some could possibly even go as far to say "you've got the moves like Jagger."

- Your favorite toy is a car - or a truck - or anything else with wheels and even some things without wheels that can still be pushed around on the floor (see: Legos). You push them all over the house while making a "vrooooom" sound. It's insanely cute.

- You just discovered the joys of watching television and the movie Cars is your favorite. It's the only thing we can put on the tv that is guaranteed to make you stop in your tracks. I suspect I will have seen this movie at least 500 times by your next birthday.


So those are your major milestones at this point. You're getting bigger and cuter by the day if I can say so myself. No, seriously, you are. Fine, here's some
 proof, from your latest photo session with Buffy! :)








Keep smiling kid!


Love, 
Mommy

2 comments: