
Your first piece of gear, a Pollock "Antelope" onesie
Dear Spencer,
This past weekend you attended your third and fourth concerts in-utero. So now you've heard the live sounds of Trey Anastasio Band, Diana Ross and Phish. I am thinking this probably marks the end of your live in-utero concert series, but trust there will be many more adventures once you get a little older!
Back to this past weekend - it was the 3rd & 4th of July (that's Daddy's birthday) and surprisingly the temperature was a cool 89 degrees. We were fortunate enough to stay in two different nice hotels and we enjoyed many delicious meals. Phish debuted a Rage Against the Machine cover (just for Daddy's birthday, we imagine) and brought out some nice rare gems including my first "Harpua", "Destiny Unbound" and "Camel Walk". We also enjoyed a beautiful "Strange Design" and two of my personal favorites "NICU" and "My Friend, My Friend".
If I had to take a guess, I'd say "Bouncing Around the Room" was your favorite tune. Yeah, we're gonna have to work on that, I don't want anyone calling my baby a "noob". (Wow. I wonder what relevance that word will have at the point you actually read this?) Either way, I'm just glad that you seemingly enjoyed yourself at a truly monumental, history-making concert run. It was a big deal kid, and I'm happy we got to share it with you.
In other news...looks like we've made it! We're now in the 3rd trimester! The final homestretch of our journey! Here's what the experts have to say:
By paying attention to his movements inside you, you can get a good idea of how your baby spends his days...and nights. Just like babies in their mothers' arms, your little one gets lulled to sleep by rocking. Your daily activities may not feel like rocking to you, but the amniotic fluid provides such a cushion that all your baby feels is gentle swaying. So he's likely to sleep more during the day. It may be a different story at night, once you lie down to get some rest. Suddenly, he's awake and ready to party!
Your little one will gain about 1 pound over the next month. This week, he's up to 9.6 inches, crown to rump, and weighs about 2 pounds. Though he's growing quickly, his brain and lungs are still immature. Luckily, he's got 13 more weeks to get ready for the outside world.
Only 13 more weeks? Yowzers.
Only 13 more weeks? Yowzers.
Love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment