Today marks one year since I arrived at my friend Dawn's house a newlywed armed with two pee sticks, and walked out a proud momma-to-be.
Daddy and I had been trying to conceive since the fall of the previous year and after a few months of disappointment, we decided to take the pressure off and "stop trying". We figured that the added stress wasn't helping and that in due time, we would get our big fat positive. Little did we know that "due time" would come the very next month.
The morning of Tuesday, January 26, 2010, started off just like any other. I woke up late, arrived to work late, and in keeping with the theme of the day, I realized my monthly cycle was also late. I called Dawn to
About thirty minutes later I arrived at Dawn's feeling anxious, nervous, happy, excited, and of course doubtful. I beelined to the restroom to see what fate had in store. Exhibiting my patience of steel, I picked up the test and examined the results not 2 seconds after I placed it on the counter. Much to my surprise, two gorgeous pink lines were staring back at me.
I screamed. I squealed. I cried.
After Dawn and I finished several celebratory dances, we called everyone else and shared the news (Daddy was third to find out, oops). Each person was more excited than the last, but no one was more excited than Daddy and I. A year later and we are still completely in awe that a simple act of love between two ordinary people could create such a perfectly beautiful being.
Two pink lines changed our life and made all our dreams come true.
Love,
Mommy

This made me cry. It's been a good year, hasn't it?
ReplyDeleteThis brought tears to my eyes!
ReplyDelete<3 Love it!
ReplyDelete<3 <3 <3
ReplyDelete