Saturday, February 25, 2012

Spencer's first haircut

Dear Spencer,

This morning we took you for your first haircut. 
I was starting to feel pressure from everyone around me to cut it. I admit it had gotten a little out of control and difficult to tame. But I loved your hair. 


That mess of hair brought me joy.


It personified everything about you. Those golden curls were wild, fun, happy, energetic, and brave - just like my sweet boy.


I know that it will grow back and that I'm probably being silly, but for now, I'm a little sad. It's just one of those many things that signify that you're growing into a big boy - - which is hard on mommy. I think if I could go back to this morning, I probably would have put it off just a while longer.


Either way, you still look precious, long curls or not. 


And no matter how big you get or how many haircuts you have - you'll always be my wild, fun, energetic, happy and brave little boy!



Last photo of the wild curls *tear* 


Getting strapped into the seat

The first cut - eeeeek!

All done!


And dry!

Your certificate!






Love,
Mommy



1 comment: