
Dear Spencer,
ADORABLE BREAKING NEWS...this morning you were smiling like a champ.
Here's the scene: I'm in the shower singing my best rendition of The Bangles' "Eternal Flame" and every time I peek out to check on you, you're grinning from ear to ear. I'm talkin' full on facial sunshine. I like to imagine it was a smile of delight, and not of pure horror as I channeled my inner Susanna Hoffs. Honestly, I just think you love the song as much as I do, which is obvious based on your outward show of affection.
Before your Daddy freaks out, I'd like to mention that I also performed Billy Joel's "Piano Man", DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince's "Parents Just Don't Understand" and Elton John's "Bennie and the Jets" - anyone who knows me knows I love to show off my ability to sing every single word of the latter. Sure, it's not nearly as impressive as being able to sing Billy Joel's "We Didn't Start the Fire" or REM's "End of the World" note for note, but still an impressive feat nonetheless.
Anyway, this isn't about my special talents, this is about you, my sweet boy and that adorable grin of yours. I foresee it being a real problem for me in the future. How will I ever deny you of anything? It's like a secret weapon. I'm not even sure of its total power at this point, but I already fear my resistance to it. In the words of Haddaway, I beg "Baby don't hurt me".
Here's the scene: I'm in the shower singing my best rendition of The Bangles' "Eternal Flame" and every time I peek out to check on you, you're grinning from ear to ear. I'm talkin' full on facial sunshine. I like to imagine it was a smile of delight, and not of pure horror as I channeled my inner Susanna Hoffs. Honestly, I just think you love the song as much as I do, which is obvious based on your outward show of affection.
Before your Daddy freaks out, I'd like to mention that I also performed Billy Joel's "Piano Man", DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince's "Parents Just Don't Understand" and Elton John's "Bennie and the Jets" - anyone who knows me knows I love to show off my ability to sing every single word of the latter. Sure, it's not nearly as impressive as being able to sing Billy Joel's "We Didn't Start the Fire" or REM's "End of the World" note for note, but still an impressive feat nonetheless.
Anyway, this isn't about my special talents, this is about you, my sweet boy and that adorable grin of yours. I foresee it being a real problem for me in the future. How will I ever deny you of anything? It's like a secret weapon. I'm not even sure of its total power at this point, but I already fear my resistance to it. In the words of Haddaway, I beg "Baby don't hurt me".
Love,
Mommy
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment