
Dear Spencer,
Happy 36 Weeks little guy! Here's your developmental update:
Your baby is gaining about an ounce a day. He now weighs almost 6 pounds (like a crenshaw melon) and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. He's shedding most of the downy hair that covered his body, as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that protected his skin during his nine-month amniotic bath. Next week, your baby will be considered full-term. Most likely he's in a head-down position, but if he isn't, your practitioner may suggest scheduling an external cephalic version, where he'll try to turn your baby by manipulating him from the outside of your belly.
I'm so glad that next week you'll be considered full-term as I had a rather rocky doctor's appointment this morning. My blood pressure is slightly elevated, I've been having some pretty bad swelling, seeing spots and I've pretty much maintained a headache for the past few weeks - add all of this up and you get a formula for a developing case of preeclampsia. Now I get to do a 24-hour urine collection tomorrow and have a follow-up appointment on Friday to discuss "a plan of action". Essentially we will be discussing either an induction next week (WOAH) or me being put on bed rest.
I'm so glad that next week you'll be considered full-term as I had a rather rocky doctor's appointment this morning. My blood pressure is slightly elevated, I've been having some pretty bad swelling, seeing spots and I've pretty much maintained a headache for the past few weeks - add all of this up and you get a formula for a developing case of preeclampsia. Now I get to do a 24-hour urine collection tomorrow and have a follow-up appointment on Friday to discuss "a plan of action". Essentially we will be discussing either an induction next week (WOAH) or me being put on bed rest.
So it's looking like this might very well be my last week of work. What?!?! I'm not ready for that. I still have a million things to do - I guess I better get busy.
See you soon,
Mom
See you soon,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment