Thursday, April 11, 2013

Christmas in...April?

Well, hello there, not-so-baby Spencer!

It looks like I have not made any updates in the past four months and for that, I am deeply sorry. You see, it's just really busy chasing a very busy, very bossy toddler. Like, I thought that motherhood was tiring, and then I had a two-and-a-half-year-old.

Yeah, you heard me. You're 31 months old. T-H-I-R-T-Y  O-N-E months old. 

How in the heck does that happen?

It's like one minute you're doing everything you can to entice your 12-month-old to walk and then the next thing you know, you're one step away from duct taping your 2.5-year-old to a chair just to keep him still.

Exhausting. Awesome. Amazing. Wonderful. Delightful. Frustrating. 

Really, just all the emotions.

In my extended absence, you did a lot. 

Like, for instance:

Celebrated your third Christmas. Spoiler alert: you got a Little Tykes truck and pretty much everything else was just background noise. I don't know what it is with you and cars, but they are just your absolute favorite.








And we built your first fort...



And Grandpa and Joanne came to visit you...




You went bowling for the first time...(and beat us all with 5 or 6 strikes. We lost count)





And we celebrated your third Easter! You were quite the professional egg hunter. Please don't judge us for the indoor hunt. It was raining and messy and yucky and even a bit chilly on Easter this year. I swear we aren't ultra lame.





Those are just a few of the many awesome and wonderful things you've been doing. Really just the ones your poor mother caught on film. I'm sorry. I promise I will try to be better about documenting for the rest of the year!

Forever and ever and ever yours, 
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment