Friday, November 30, 2012

2012 Christmas Parade!

Dear Spencer,

As you know {and anyone else who has ever encountered me knows} I love Christmas. 

I mean yes, most people who celebrate Christmas love the holiday; but I like, really, really, really love it. I love the chilly weather, the awesome movies, the 24/7 holiday music that Magic 98.1 plays, trimming the tree, riding around and looking at lights, Santa Claus...okay, you get the idea. So it's no surprise that the Christmas parade is an absolute must do activity in our family. 

Last night was the 35th annual Christmas Parade in our town, and it did not disappoint. I arrived early on the square to get a premier parking space and we met up with all of our friends at the same spot we have watched the parade from for years and years. 

Ahhhh, the sweet smell of tradition. Don't you just love it?

Anywho, this year Nay suggested that we open the top on her car and let you kids watch the parade inside. Um, hello best idea ever. 



You guys had an absolute blast playing in the car. Unfortunately, no one else ever had the opportunity to "drive" because you were a steering wheel hog. It's a good thing you have sweet friends and cousins.

Aside from the car driving experience, you most loved the horses! You absolutely flipped out every single time one would walk by screaming "HORSIES! HORSEYS!" I have no clue how to spell horseys. 

Also, after hearing it shouted about a bazillion times, you finally learned how to say "MERRY CHRISTMAS!" and my heart nearly exploded out of my chest. Watching you frantically wave and scream it over and over was just too much. Seriously, the definition of precious.

I'm so glad that we were all able to do this as a family and I cannot wait until next year. Up next on the holiday calendar: DISNEY ON ICE. Awww yeah.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment