Dear Spencer,
We're quickly approaching your half birthday (it's Friday!) and you'll officially be 18 months old. You're kind of in this in-between phase where you're quickly growing past the "baby" phase and growing into a bona fide little boy.
Last week you gave up your paci, but not without a good fight, of course.
A week ago Saturday, you woke up and said the word "paci" as clear as day. And being the mean Daddy he is, your father got a wild hair and decided we should just quit it out of the blue. And so we did. You walked around for about 2-3 hours that Saturday whining, screaming, kicking, yelling, and all-around pitching a fit. And just when we were about to throw in the towel, something miraculous happened. You stopped crying, laid down for a nap and that was that. We haven't heard you mutter the word "paci" since.
+1 for awesome parents.
Oh yeah, and I should probably mention that you quit your bottle the same way. The day you learned to say the word "bah", your "bah" went bye-bye. Of course, it didn't occur to Daddy and me that we had done this to you twice until we began reflecting on both situations.
I guess you haven't put two and two together because you haven't gone mute, in fact, just this morning you said the word "please". Daddy and I were so proud of our sweet boy. Too bad you were asking "please?" for permission to take the hot iron from me that I was putting away.
First please request = denied.
Gosh, it sure seems like we live to crush your dreams. Oops.
Anyway, you're getting huge and we have a check-up next Wednesday to confirm just how huge you are. The last check you were right at 29 pounds, so you're probably 30 now. Just like your daddy, you eat like 5 things, which consist of chicken nuggets, hot dogs, peanut butter sandwiches, pancakes, all fruits, cereal bars, and goldfish. I swore my child would be a healthy eater, but I guess some things truly are inherited and this one we can blame on your Daddy.
A good man he may be, a good eater he is not.
Now I'll end with some photos of you doing awesome things with your awesome self.
Like, playing in the dog's water bowl...
or, pretending to be a dog...
eating cupcakes...
running from the camera...
and deflecting attention from the fact that you have once again stolen the remote.
Keep being you, dude.
Love,
Mommy

No comments:
Post a Comment