Wednesday, March 16, 2011

180 days, 22 hours, 1 minute and 2 seconds

Spencer, then and now.

Dear Spencer,


It's been 180 days, 22 hours, 1 minute, and 2 seconds since my life was given purpose.

That's six whole months.


Today marks six months since I was awarded the most prestigious title I'll ever hold. Six months since I stopped living for myself, and started living for you. Six months since I first held you in my arms, heard your first cry, saw your beautiful face.


That face. It's so different now.


The dark shade of a jaundice tan has been replaced with a creamy alabaster glow of perfection. Your eyes, once small with a touch of grey, are now a vibrant blue. Those kissable lips, while still very kissable, have now formed into a silly smile - one that rarely leaves your face.


But your appearance isn't the only thing that has changed, no sir. In virtually no time at all you've grown from a newborn who couldn't even support his own head, to a bouncy baby boy that could out-jump a kangaroo any time, any place. You're getting stronger, smarter, and more handsome by the day, making me one proud momma.


Spencer, nothing can ever top the privilege, no, the gift of being your mother. It's a role I don't take lightly, and I always do my best, to do what's best for you. But please know that while you're learning, I'm still learning too. It's only been six months, and I don't have all the answers. I probably won't have them in the next six months either. However, I'm sure like most parents, I'll have it all figured out by the time you're 30 - j
ust in time to nitpick the way you do it.

Such is the circle of life.


Happy 1/2 birthday my love.


Love,
Mommy

5 comments:

  1. ADORABLE! Incredible right? Em was born tan, with thick black hair and dark eyes. She is now practically transparent she is so fair, water blue eyes, and strawberry blonde hair! Where did my kid go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Linked through from TB) Wow he really is a handsome boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully written for a beautiful little boy! Happy 6 months Spencer (and momma too!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sweet. You can tell how much you love that little boy!!!

    But, I am sad our babies are growing up so fast!

    ReplyDelete