Monday, February 21, 2011

Hello, Sunshine!

Dear Spencer,

This past weekend was unseasonably warm, so we decided to get outside and enjoy a little sunshine!

To kick off the weekend proper,
Friday afternoon we went to the Moncrief's where you used the swing in Sassy's backyard for the first time! You loved swinging so much that I immediately went to the store and purchased one for our backyard!

On Saturday morning we met with Mrs. Bonnie and Irina for a nice long walk at the track. You absolutely loved riding in your stroller big boy style, while Mrs. Bonnie and I enjoyed chatting and catching up!

After we finished our walking date, you and I went home to join Daddy in the backyard where he had installed your new swing:



You giggled and smiled the entire time! The harder we would push the swing, the louder you would laugh! By 2:00 you were totally exhausted, so I laid you down for a nap while Daddy and I started tackling some much needed yard work.

After your nap and a quickly inhaled bottle, we went in your {future} playroom and played in the Boppy for a bit. Lately you've been working really hard on trying to pull yourself into the sitting position, and obvs. the hard work has paid off because you went from this:


to this:



Amazing!


On Sunday, Mimi and Papa came over to watch you while Daddy and I did some shopping. You really enjoyed your time alone with your grandparents, and they loved getting to see you do some new tricks...like how you've finally learned how to jump in your Jumperoo!




After Daddy and I returned from our shopping trip, we bid goodbye to Mimi & Papa and the three of us settled down for some much needed rest. It was a fantastic weekend indeed!


Love,
Mommy



4 comments:

  1. We enjoyed our beautiful weather too!!

    Spencer is getting so big! Such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Max and I loved his swinging video! Max giggled and was completely enthralled!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE his little giggle, how sweet! I'm so happy you enjoyed the beautiful weather!

    ReplyDelete